überarbeitet am 6.1.2015
The Heavy Mobile Wireless Station (Fahrbar Schwere Funkstation) F.S.25
has been developed by Telefunken GmbH, Berlin, in the years 1923/24. It
was one of the earliest mobile wireless stations for telephony operation.
The Heavy Mobile Wireless Station (Fahrbar Schwere Funkstation) F.S.25 has been developed by Telefunken Berlin in the years 1923/24 and was introduced with the Signal Troops in 1924/25, in total, four stations had been acquired.
Normally, the station was mobile: a series of two or three limbers was pulled by
an open truck: The "apparatus trailer" (1100 kg), the "machine trailer" (1300 kg) and
the "mast trailer" (1400 kg). Evidently, it was very challenging to maneuver this train of limbers.
The transmitter Telefunken Spez 219Bs can be tuned from 350 - 3025 m (99 - 857 kHz).
In the first years, a Telefunken Spez 7 Bs Receiver (Empfänger E25) with
two valves RE062t and a double stage voice amplifier Spez 60 Bs
has been used as main receiver of the station, in 1933, it has been replaced
by the long wave receiver Telefunken Spez 470Bs / E31, the TRF receiver with three
tuned circuits covers the 100 - 1091 kHz long- / mediumwaves in four ranges.
Six valves RE074 neutro are used in this receiver.
The Fahrbar Schwere Funkstation F.S. / SE-301 was used with a T or L antenna with a length of 60 m on two 12m masts.
The F.S. 25 has been assigned to the Signal Kp 5 in the year 1937, during WW II,
the components of the station have been converted for portable use in wooden
crates, this variant called the S.M. got the new designation SE-216 in 1951.
© 14.1.2013 Martin Bösch