überarbeitet am 6.1.2015
The Large Longwave Station G3L has been developed by Telefunken GmbH in Berlin
in the year 1932, six stations have been acquired for service in the Swiss Army.
The Large Longwave Station G3L has been developed by Telefunken GmbH, Berlin, in around 1932; six stations have been acquired by the Signal Troops and came into service in 1934/36. The station got the designation G3L (Gross / Large - 3 Kilowatts - L / Longwave) and was used for communications between parts of the Army.
The three stage Telefunken transmitter Spez 914Bs can be tuned
in four ranges from 100 - 600 kHz with variometers, all tuned circuits are synchroneous,
variometers are also used for antenna tuning.
The receiver used is the Telefunken longwave receiver E31 / Spez 470 Bs,
a TRF receiver with three tuned circuits covering 100 - 1091 kHz in four ranges,
in this receiver, six valves RE074 neutro are used.
The station G3L is intended for mobile operation, it consists of a truck
with the generator onboard (1500 kg), the "transmitter trailer" with the longwave
transmitter (6000 kg) and the operators trailer with the reception and Hell printer
The standard antenna for the G3L / SE-303 is a three wire T / L antenna with a length of 80 meters between two pluggable 22 m masts, the complete staton needed some 40 x 100 m of space, same dimensions like a standard football ground.
The G3L / SE-303 has been withdrawn in 1961 and liquidated shortly after, it was replaced by the SE-415 radioteletype station for communications between army corps.
© 17.1.2013 Martin Bösch